Wednesday, December 15, 2010

No sex for a while.

I've been dealing with a lot at home lately, so going to Peter's for the weekend was really needed.

We both worked our last Saturdays for a while at our jobs, and then snuggled together. We only had sex a few times this weekend, and it seems I am out of commission for a little bit. After sex on Saturday, I felt some irritation. Normal when there isn't enough lubrication, but I don't remember there being a lack of it. The pain got worse after sex on Sunday. Granted, it was a little rougher than the night before (I recently dyed my hair pink and Peter was having fun grabbing hold of it from behind as he rammed into me). When Peter realized how much pain I was in, He suggested we hold off for a bit and let me heal. I decided to ask some questions to the people over at FetLife, and got some good suggestions. I tried an Epsom salt bath last night and that gave me almost immediate relief. Then I also tried this cream that was suggested (Traumeel). It says it's for muscular and joint pain, but I figured what the heck. It seemed to also help a little bit with the pain, and that's when I started to notice the irritation. Not irritation from the cream, but a more familiar kind. I've always been really prone to yeast infections for some reason, so I figured that's what it must be. I even went back on FetLife and thanked everyone, saying what had worked and that I thought I was now getting a yeast infection. And of course, I was right. I am so incredibly uncomfortable and irritated right now, it's not even funny.

I stopped on my way to Peter's for some relief medicine yesterday. I couldn't decide if I was just having yeast infection-like symptoms or if it was a straight up yeast infection, so I went to talk to the pharmacist. She said it is probably a yeast infection caused by the antibiotics I'm taking for the tooth infection I had. I spent the extra $2 and got the one-dose stuff instead of the three-dose, which I am now wishing I hadn't. Before bed I used it, cleansed with a medicated wipe I had bought (just for added relief), and then applied the external cream that came with the medicine. I woke up in the middle of the night in pain and so much irritation. I couldn't get back to sleep for a good hour or so. It was horrible. I even got up to go use the medicated wipes, and that didn't seem to help much. I tried to distract myself by booting my computer up and searching out doctors. Since I don't have any insurance, I have to be kind of picky about where I go. I have to make sure they are either low cost, or that they at least will do reasonable payment plans with me for anything they have to do for me. I found a couple I was going to call on if the pain or irritation got any worse. I put on the TV and started to watch some random rerun of Scrubs and eventually passed out. Glasses on and all.

Woke up today feeling much better. I used the wipes again then hopped in the shower. I considered putting the external cream on, but after the night I had, I decided against it. Although I was feeling better, I still felt very uncomfortable and irritated. Everything felt raw and swollen (which means I probably scratched myself in my sleep more than I thought). I'm doing ok now, I just really wish this would clear up soon. I really hate this feeling.

I think if I ever get some extra money (which I doubt I ever will), I will find a doctor and find out why I am so prone to yeast infections. I am very careful about making sure my area is always clean so I don't think it has anything to do with that. I'm not sure, but it could possibly be a genetic thing. Who knows. All the websites I've read say even with one-dose medicines it could take up to seven days for an infection to clear up. Ugh.

4 comments:

  1. You should probably try modifying your diet. Do you eat a lot of sugar? Yeast feeds on sugar. You may also want to eat more yogurt. Most yogurts now have both pre and pro-biotics. I hope you feel better soon <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't eat much sugar. The most sugar I consume is probably from soda (and even then, I only have maybe two or three sodas a week). Other than that, I really don't know. I stick to a vegetarian diet, and I don't add sugar to the things I eat (unless I'm baking and it calls for sugar). I will work on the yogurt thing. Thanks for the tip. I will do my best to feel better. Thank you. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, I'm fairly new to your blog, but I read this and wanted to offer a few things in case people at fetlife hadn't already. Probiotics are pretty good at fighting these infections. You can get them at health food stores and they need to be refrigerated (to keep them alive). Also, the yogurt thing is good as well. I've even heard of women inserting a bit directly into and on the outside of the vagina. Of course it should be the plain, sugar free organic kind with live organisms. Tea tree oil (pure) helps as well both externally and internally, but beware that it stings like crazy at first! Garlic cloves help also. You can make a kind of suppository and insert it, sleep with it over night and you should feel better in the morning. I'm sure this all sounds crazy...but google each of these remedies and see what others have had to say. heck, google "yeast infection remedies" and some of 'em should come up. I'm sorry you're suffering. I hope you feel better asap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to my blog! Hopefully it can keep your interest for a while. ^_^

    I don't remember anyone mentioning the probiotics thing on Fetlife (my first time reading about that was in the first comment to this post). I don't know about putting yogurt in/on my vagina would be my thing, but I will gladly eat some. I did google for some remedies and saw all that you listed. One of the sites said to put the clove of garlic in cheese paper before inserting it into the vagina (or that I could just eat it). Thanks for the help. It's weird, sometimes I space out and completely forget about the power of the internet and how I could just search these things out (which is what happened until you mentioned googling). Thank you, I hope something works.

    ReplyDelete